Rebekah's First Day of School
Rebekah went to her first day of "school" today, which is really a program called Mom's Day Out. She will spend every Tuesday from 9:30-3:30 at MDO where they will play outside, do coloring/crafts, have lunch, have music time, and rest time (we'll see how that goes in a room of 2 & 3 year olds!). We've been talking about it a lot and she's been very excited to go. I think this morning she was most excited about her lunch box. I packed the lunch last night, and then this morning I took things out of the fridge and she put them into the lunch box. I'm pretty sure it did not leave her possession from the time we left the house until she reluctantly put it on the shelf by everyone else's. Then, she found her cubby and put her backpack and sleeping bag in there.
She did great when I dropped her off. No tears-for either of us! At one point, she handed me a book and said "Mom, read this and then you can go." You can tell she's almost 3!


I was a little worried about what she may pick out to wear today, since we've gotten some crazy outfits in the past (she always picks out her clothes and then dresses herself). Not surprisingly, she picked out pink, so I called Jeremey after I dropped her off and said "Our pink lady is at school!" It will be very interesting to pick her up later this afternoon and hear all about it. I'm sure I'll get quite the story!
She did great when I dropped her off. No tears-for either of us! At one point, she handed me a book and said "Mom, read this and then you can go." You can tell she's almost 3!