Rebekah's Birthday Week
Since I have so much to write about from last week, we'll just put it in one long post. Get comfortable, because here we go!
The first day of MDO on Tuesday (see previous post) went very well for Rebekah. I was definitely more excited to pick her up and hear about her day than she was to see me. I walked into her class and she looked up at me, then finished her puzzle and said "I want to show this to daddy." So much for warm greetings! I couldn't resist taking this picture of Aaron carrying Rebekah's lunch box and backpack out to the van. It was so cute!
Rebekah got a coupon for free Cold Stone ice cream for her birthday, so we went there Tuesday night. I thought it would be really hard for her to pick a flavor and a topping-what was I thinking?! Pink ice cream (no surprise there!) and M&Ms. What a wonderful combination!
Wednesday morning, I was getting ready in our bathroom and I realized it was very quiet. I know they say that silence is wonderful, but with two young ones, you have to wonder! So, I went looking. And here's what I found:
Have you ever tried to clean Rice Krispies out of a top bunk? I'm not sure what proper protocol is, and I couldn't find it in any book, so I proceeded to place our vacuum on a chair and start vacuuming them out, then took the kids out (with all the cereal that their clothes had accumulated) of the bed and changed the sheets. But, the fun didn't stop there. . .of course, some of the Rice Krispies had gone down in between the bed and the wall, so Aaron's bed also had to be vacuumed and sheets changed. Let's just say it was quite the process, and I hope I never need to do this again!
Grandpa and Grandma Cy came down on Friday night, but we hadn't told the kids. So, when Rebekah woke up on Saturday morning she came and told me "There's a white van in our driveway!" "Really, whose van?" I asked. "It's Grandma's van. She forgot her van!" It was so funny because she was very serious about this, and we went on to have a conversation about how Grandma was going to have to walk now because she didn't have her van. Rebekah was concerned because there are no sidewalks, and cars go on the road but people shouldn't walk there. She then saw their dog, Maggie, and said "Oh, Maggie's here! Grandma forgot Maggie, too!" While we were eating breakfast, my mom and dad came up the stairs and said good morning. Rebekah was incredibly surprised.
After playing around for awhile that morning (the pillow tummy picture with Grandpa Cy), we went down to Kansas City and did some shopping, then came back home for her party on Saturday night. I had a lady bug theme, so Rebekah wore her shirt with a lady bug and I made little antenna headbands. She was very cute!


Rebekah and her friend Taylor, who are birthday buddies. They were both born on September 5, but Rebekah is a year younger.
Rebekah decorated a cupcake to look like a lady bug. She frosted it, put red sprinkles on, black licorice for the antenna, and chocolate chips for the spots. And yes, putting your tongue out does help the sprinkles come out!
She enjoyed opening her gifts, and has gotten many neat things. Thank you everyone! We had a fun time celebrating her birthday. Hard to believe she's 3 already. She now goes to Sunday School and Children's Church instead of nursery, she goes to school one day a week, and she'll start gymnastics on Thursday. Wow-such exciting times for our little lady!
The first day of MDO on Tuesday (see previous post) went very well for Rebekah. I was definitely more excited to pick her up and hear about her day than she was to see me. I walked into her class and she looked up at me, then finished her puzzle and said "I want to show this to daddy." So much for warm greetings! I couldn't resist taking this picture of Aaron carrying Rebekah's lunch box and backpack out to the van. It was so cute!
Grandpa and Grandma Cy came down on Friday night, but we hadn't told the kids. So, when Rebekah woke up on Saturday morning she came and told me "There's a white van in our driveway!" "Really, whose van?" I asked. "It's Grandma's van. She forgot her van!" It was so funny because she was very serious about this, and we went on to have a conversation about how Grandma was going to have to walk now because she didn't have her van. Rebekah was concerned because there are no sidewalks, and cars go on the road but people shouldn't walk there. She then saw their dog, Maggie, and said "Oh, Maggie's here! Grandma forgot Maggie, too!" While we were eating breakfast, my mom and dad came up the stairs and said good morning. Rebekah was incredibly surprised.