Joshua's First Food
I don't know when it happened, but our little boy is four months! It seems like he just joined our family, and now he's sitting at the table eating! Here's a video and some pictures of his first time eating oatmeal. I was explaining to Aaron & Rebekah that he was going to be eating cereal. Rebekah asked "What kind?" I told her it was oatmeal, but not her kind of oatmeal. I explained it as little flakes that I would add formula to. So, when Jeremey came home, she told him he was going to eat corn flakes!He's been eating the cereal for about a week now and is really doing well. When we had his four month doctor's appointment, we found out he wasn't gaining weight (only 8 oz. in 2 months). Same story, different chapter. . .the other kids had troubles gaining weight, too, but I never would have guessed it with him. He is such a happy, content baby that I had no reason to think he wasn't gaining. His cheeks sure look like he is! His length and head are both growing well but, in the doctor's words, "We need to fatten him up!" so we're on it! We're supplementing with formula and doing cereal twice a day. He goes back on April 12 to see if he's put on any more weight.
Yes, Rebekah is the one in the background saying "This is a big bite!" at the end.

Don't let him fool you. . .he loves it!

Yum!