Saturday, February 6, 2010

Doctor Appointments

Boys' Doctor Appointments
Aaron went in for his two year appointment last week and Joshua had his two month appointment. I am happy to report that all was well. Aaron is 25 pounds of energy and Joshua is our little 10 pounder! Both boys looked great and got a thumbs up from our doctor. Joshua was a trooper as he had to get three shots and one oral vaccine. He was a little warm that evening and slept a lot, but all in all, he handled them great! I'll give you a little update on each of the boys.
This is the best picture I can put of Aaron, because this is how he commonly is--injured! He is showing me the difference between girls and boys! He loves to jump, run, crash, demolish, and run some more! This injury is the result of falling down some cement steps outside a building. He's recently also bruised his face falling off the potty, cut his cheek falling off the couch, bruised his ear on the toy box, and bruised his nose falling on the stool. Shall I go on...?! He does like to read books with mommy and play rough with daddy. He continues to follow Rebekah around and do everything she does. He also enjoys torturing her by taking toys or playing rough when she's not in the mood. But, give them 2 minutes and they'll be reading together or cooking some food for me to eat. Siblings-gotta love them, right?

This is a video I took of Joshua last week playing with his rattle. This was the first time giving him something to hold, and he did quite well. Of course, the first thing he did was bang himself in the head and then cry. Yes, I laughed at him and his reaction! At the end of this video, he hears Aaron playing behind him and tries to find him. He's become quite the thumb sucker-or fingers or fist, whatever comes in first. I think we better watch out or it's going to be a habit! He still smiles a lot and is starting to make little cooing noises. Last week when I was changing his diaper, I was giving his tummy raspberry kisses, and he giggled at me 3 times!!! I called Jeremey in so he could listen to it-it was so cute! He hasn't done it since, but it was definitely a little giggle! I feed him about every 3 1/2-4 hours, and he does great at night. He eats around 9:30-10 pm and then I go in around 6:30 am and wake him up to eat again. Yeah-continuous sleep is great!