Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happenings
There's been a lot going on in our house the past week or so, so I thought I'd give one post to bring you all up to speed.
Circus
Jeremey and I took the older two kids to the circus last weekend. Rebekah had the great experience of getting to ride one of the elephants. Pretty cool!
Holding on tight!
A great big smile by the great big elephant she rode
Aaron was not interested in a ride, but did enjoy watching the circus with daddy. If you ask him if he liked the circus, he'll give one of two responses: "I don't like the girls bending" (there were two girls who were contortionists) or "I liked the snacks." What a funny boy!
Like father, like son!
Joshua
About 10 days ago, Joshua was diagnosed with a double ear infection and was put on amoxicillin. Everything was fine until Wednesday night, when I noticed he had some spots on his torso. I wasn't sure what it was, but we had played outside that day, so I thought maybe it was something environmental. Thursday morning he woke up, and there were bright red spots everywhere, from the top of his head down to his toes. Quite alarming! I called the doctor and they said it was an amoxicillin rash. Long story short, it got worse through the day and by that night, they were big welts that were purple in the middle. I had made an appointment for him on Friday morning,which was good because that morning he looked horrible. I felt so sorry for him! It turns out he had an allergic reaction to the medicine. So, we switched him to something different for the ear infection and after one day off the amoxicillin, he looked about 80% better. By today, they're almost all gone. Praise God!
Thursday morning (also, he learned how to say "uh-oh"--can you tell?!!)
Thursday evening (notice the purple inside the welts)
Friday morning-bigger welts and much more redness
One day before this all happened with Joshua, Jeremey had come home from work and surprised me with these beautiful flowers. Thanks, sweetie!